Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
Would you like to give back to the community and help those in need?
Aged care workers play an important role in the Australian community. Working in aged care is a highly rewarding career that offers you variety and job satisfaction, whilst providing care and support to the community.
As the population ages, demand for aged care services and workers will continue to increase.
Completing Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) will qualify you to work as a Personal Care Assistant within aged care facilities, supported accommodation, day centres and private homes. As a Personal Care Assistant you will be responsible for providing assistance in the daily activities of
clients to support independent living, improve quality of life, promote community inclusion and provide a greater sense of wellbeing.
Key areas of study
- Supporting independence and well-being
- Supporting people with dementia
- Workplace health and safety
- First Aid and infection control
- Supporting people with independence and emotional support
- Provide home and community support services
As part of your training you will be required to complete 120 hours of practical placement in the workplace.
- Completing practical placement will:
- Give you invaluable workplace experience
- Maximise your employment prospects
- Consolidate your learning
- Give you exposure in the industry
- Allow you to experience a career in a highly rewarding industry
Study Modes: Classroom based
Duration: 12 Months
Delivery: Part-time, 2 days per-week (excluding placement)
Start Date: Start anytime
More info and how to enrol
Simply give us a call on 5333 8600 or complete the ‘register interest’ tab below and we will be in-touch with more details and the next steps.
Prior to enrolling in the course you will have the opportunity to meet with the BGT team to ask questions, find out more information and discuss your career goals. This will ensure that you choose a course, and career pathway that is right for you.