Certificate IV in Education Support
Are you passionate about working with children to help them learn and develop?
Education support is a growth industry that provides you with a career that not only meets financial needs, but the needs of families and busy individuals.
If the flexibility of working school hours and having holidays at the end of each term would suit your lifestyle, a career in Education Support could be for you.
Completing a Certificate IV in Education Support differs from the Certificate III in that it provides students with a deeper learning experience. Units at the Certificate IV level have higher learning outcomes, require additional research and will provide you with more detailed knowledge of subject areas.
A Certificate IV in Education Support is an ideal pathway if you have completed the Certificate III and would like to extend your knowledge, or if you have prior experience working in the Education Industry.
Both the Certificate IV and Certificate III will qualify you for many roles within a school including Teacher’s Aide (Ed Support Worker), Administration Support, Sports Assistant and Library Assistant. You will be responsible for providing assistance and support to teachers and students through duties such classroom activities, admin support, monitoring students and working one-on- one with students who require individual support.
Key areas of study
- Supporting the behaviour of children and young people
- Assist in the facilitation of student learning
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait
- Islander education
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the
As part of your training you will be required to complete 120 hours of practical placement in the workplace.
Completing practical placement will:
- Give you invaluable workplace experience
- Maximise your employment prospects
- Consolidate your learning
- Give you exposure in the industry
- Allow you to experience a career in a highly rewarding industry
Study Modes: Classroom based
Duration: 6 - 12 Months
Delivery: Part-time, 2 days per-week (excluding placement)
Start Date: Start anytime
More info and how to enrol
Simply give us a call on 5333 8600 or complete the ‘register interest’ tab below and we will be in- touch with more details and the next steps.
Prior to enrolling in the course you will have the opportunity to meet with the BGT team to ask questions, find out more information and discuss your career goals. This will ensure that you choose a course, and career pathway that is right for you.